Join us: we are re-imagining The Public Square in Western Nevada County.
The Public Square represents the meeting point of different values, orientations, modes of expression, and beliefs that lie at the core of civil society. Traditionally, it is a physical meeting place where citizens come to solve problems, propose solutions, hash out differences, and make improvements through our representatives. Trusted journalists kept a watchful eye on the public interest, providing a counter balance to the corrupting tendencies of power.
Times have changed. Public dialog is broken, representatives are increasingly isolated from the public, and decisions tend to favor those in power. Mistrust is rampant. Too many of us are overwhelmed with information overload. We are intentionally and systematically marginalized by forces protecting power and treasure. The power of the individual citizen is diminished. The processes and tools are now available for each of us – every citizen – to have a voice in our governance. And the time is right. We will use the power of education, discussion and deliberation, empowerment and engagement strategies to raise the level of civic dialogue, increase understanding, improve trust between our citizens and organisations to improve outcomes.
Program Road map
- Trainings and Certifications
- Events and Workshops
- Public Lecture Series
- Local Meetups for Dialogue and Deliberation Practicum
- Private Groups (topic-based learning communities, campaign support, and mastermind groups)
- School and Community programs
- Mentor Training Program
- Programs tailored to your organization’s specific needs
We are currently looking to connect with speakers, moderators, and program leaders who want to work in this space:
- Like us at our Facebook group for developments and news.
- We are currently looking for speakers, moderators, and program leaders. Contact us to start the conversation.